Thursday, July 20, 2006

My Birthday Pajamas


It was my birthday yesterday. I keep telling everyone I'm celebrating my 38th birthday and laugh. I don't know why I'm having a hard time acknowledging 39. I guess it's just too close to 40. Why do we have to focus so much on numbers? I feel so much better about myself that I did 4 years ago! My gift from Mike was a pair of pajamas. REALLY NICE pajamas. Yes, the expensive kind. I think everyone should have at least one pair. It makes you feel special when the day is over. Who cares that there is dust on your china cabinet, or toys scattered everywhere when you have your special pj's on. It's really hard to notice the piles of laundry waiting to be folded when they are on. Yes, they are that nice. Better than the old t-shirt that is like a worn friend. That's saved for the dead of winter when you want comfort. It's not hard to understand why flannel was created. Winter. Cozy. Blankets. Nope, this is another season. Summer. Hot. Sultry. A bra is almost too hot for these mid July heatwave nights. I put on my special pair of pajamas last night and sat outside on the patio in the faint breeze and thought.... well, I guess 39 isn't so bad after all.

No comments: