Well, I guess I thought if I didn't post about it, it wasn't really happening. A great way to deal with things, huh? My Dad finally had his surgery for prostate cancer last week. One week later I am happy to say he's well on the road to recovery. Bounced out of the hospital after 2 days. Surely a testament to his great health. I said to my sister who arrived on Sunday that I don't think I ever remember my Dad being sick. Oh, I'm sure he was. But he usually retreated to his bedroom and emerged a day later raring to go. It was hard to see him in the recovery room with monitors and IV's and such. Foggy from the anesthesia, he was still Dad. Worried about my Mom, also wondering about me driving back to NJ at night. I can still tell he's not 100%, although the good NJ pizza certainly helped bring back his appetite. He spent Thanksgiving day browsing sale flyers, but did not ask once if we were going to head out at 5am for Black Friday sales. Nope, we are spending a nice morning in our pajamas. I think that's what Black Friday should be all about. My sister flew back after a few whirlwind days to her family. The kids got to spend a lot of time with her and while they missed their cousins, they did enjoy getting lots of attention from their Auntie Di.
Today, the day after Thanksgiving, I am especially thankful to have spent this holiday with my family. I love you guys.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment