
New backpacks: check. Shiny white new sneakers (for Dylan): check. Knee high black boots (with HEELS!): check. Loads of school supplies: check. That can only mean one thing... the fist day of school is here!
I put my baby on the school bus this year. While inconvenient as a working Mom, I was happy it is a half day program. Dylan was thrilled to ride the bus to "al-a-pine" with his big sister Morgan. For the first time that I can remember, Morgan didn't show that she was nervous. Must have been the boots! I didn't read Dylan right after he got home, and didn't realize until a GIANT melt-down at dinner that he was exhausted from his first day. I sent nap time bedding with him to the preschool center so he could have quiet time on the second day. The third morning he was in tears because he decided he didn't like Kindergarten or "al-a-pine". I suspect it's because he was reprimanded for playing too rough with a neighborhood boy who has never been exposed to pre-school. I had a few Moms over for coffee that 3rd morning, and was relieved to hear that ALL of her kids, from her Kindergartener to her middle school child had tears that morning. Yes, the first week of school is hard.

No comments:
Post a Comment