
It started the year we celebrated Christmas at my Mom's house. They live in Maine and it gets awfuly cold there in December. We needed something for our little kids to do! We found a gingerbread kit and thought hey - here's something fun! Sure - when your kids are 3 and 5, it equals 20 minutes of set up time, 5 minutes max of play time and another 20 minutes of clean up time. Sigh. But I like making them, so the tradition has continued. This year they are 6 and 8 and really had the hang of it. They waited patiently for the 30 minutes that it took for the pieces to "glue" together. We piped on the icing and a decorating they went! For 30 blissful minutes, there was not an argument to be heard. I think I like this tradition.

1 comment:
CUTE!! Looks great :)
Post a Comment