Sunday, December 17, 2006

Resolutions

I love this time of year. A time to reflect on the previous year, and start to think about the near Year. Last year was pretty good! I made a conscientious effort to garden organically. We did pretty well! We got back on track with our compost pile. I signed up for the gym and I'm seeing improvements by the mile (literally!).

I'm looking forward to the new year. I would like to focus on the three R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. I think we can make improvements on the waste we generate. I would like to shop at consignments shops where possible for clothes in my new size. Small things like that.

I also want to spend more time with the kids on phoenemic awareness. Both of them seem to struggle with vowel sounds and it's showing in Morgan's spelling. It can only help Dylan as he progresses through Kindergarten. I'd also like them to eat more vegetables, but I'll settle for loads of ketchup now.

And now for me, personally. I would like to complete a triathalon this year. Not an iron man! They have "mini" triathalons where you swim 2 miles, bike for 10 and run for 3 miles. I've proven that I can do everything inside, I just need to get outside in the spring and do some trial runs so to speak. Do you think Santa could bring me a really, really nice Trekk bike from the consignment shop? :o)

My other thought along the line of the outdoor training is to try to include Mike & the kids. They love to ride bikes on trails, who has to tell them it's part of Mommy's training? I also wanted to start hiking the Appalachian trail this year with them, but I never got around to getting mace and the thought of hiking with just Diesel as protection from the bears stopped me. Can we add mace to my Christmas wish list? Honestly, it's for bear protection!

One last wish. I wish for continued good health for my "extended" family. We beat Dad's prostate cancer, my wish is that we have a healthy year for everyone. I love and appreciate my family! Here's to some kind of trip this spring with my parents and our RV's.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great resolutions for a great year!
Love, Di

Anonymous said...

How about a resolution to post more blogs! I need a good read.