Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sisters



I have so many great memories of my sister growing up. Well, of my brother too, but we'll save Fred for another post. I remember driving home from Maine in her Jeep when we were in our late teens. We always seemed to have fun. We still do, we just don't get to see as much of eachother. Something about being on opposite sides of the country.

I am so happy Di flew out after my Dad's surgery. It was comforting to have her around.... to help with... stuff. Mom, dogs, Dad, and my kids. Dylan's birthday conveniently happened the week everyone was around. Hey - a reason to have cake 2 days before the Thanksgiving feast! Yeah! :o)

Di's gift to my kids was an archery set. Bales of hay appeared (thanks Mike!), including the chia-bale that was still around from Halloween, growing Chia-grass everywhere. Hmmm... I do have to snap a picture of the Chia-bale. Anyway, I was thrilled to have her be able to spend a very chilly hour with my kids showing them how to shoot into a target spray painted on the bales. I feel like I need to say that we don't live in a trailer park... we just didn't want to waste targets at first! Di has been through archery with her boys at the scout camp and came loaded with instructions (and patience!). I had forgotten the correct stance. Morgan did amazingly well. As did Dylan. Hey - why wouldn't they? They may have a different last name, but like their Auntie, they are Vogels.

I am so thrilled that my kids could spend some one-on-one time with their Auntie. I'm sure they will remember it for a very long time!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was fun and I'm glad I didn't bring my kids. It was nice to be able to spend some time with my neice and nephew alone. And, of course, shopping with my sister!
Di